Another month, another set of mini goals – although January flew by much too quickly for my liking, but it got off to a really good start. I didn’t really get the break I wanted over Christmas so it’s been a slow, tired month, but after a couple of quiet weekends I’m ready to carry on trying to balance getting enough rest and being somewhat productive.
February being a month that is exactly four weeks and short enough that pay day will roll around again in no time is exciting. I’m slowly building habits that I want to develop into my daily life and it nearly feels like I’m not drowning in to do lists, so I want to work on that ‘not drowning’ feeling this month.
So, without further ado – my February Goals:
- Sort out the bookshelves in the library – sounds like a silly little task right? It’s one I’ve been ignoring for months so if I put it in writing maybe I’ll actually do it. I may have officially run out of room on my current bookshelves too so might need to rearrange the furniture as well.
- Plan cosplay lists – last month I figured out what cosplay I wanted to work on this year (because last year’s projects went so well…) this month I want to figure out exactly what steps I need to actually make them happen. I happen to have a sibling who is very talented at this sort of thing, so I’m hoping to rope in their help at some point (but I haven’t asked them yet haha).
- Wedding tasks – pay next part of venue costs, go to menu tasting and coordinate decor with the wedding planner: we have a meeting to tour the renovated facilities and I already have a list of questions. It’s all starting to come together now!
- Craft project – I didn’t finish my project for last month, so I want to finish that and finish another project as my ‘February’ crafts,
- Recurring monthly goals –
- Read 3 books
- Be sensible with money
- Plan a date night
My reading goal for this year is already going well – I’ve just finished my 6th book of the year and I think sorting out the shelves in the spare room I call ‘The Library’ will definitely help with my motivation for reading.
In hindsight, I’ve set myself a lot of daily tasks this year – including learning French on Duolingo, using my bullet journal every single day and filling in my Noom weight loss app – balancing that with everything else I want to achieve was never going to be easy, but it will get easier. At least I hope it does!
Thank you for reading,