I can’t believe it’s nearly August – my mind is basically blocked and doesn’t see passed July 31st and to be honest, I don’t think I’m ready in any way. But, with so little of the month left and no mental capacity to consider the next month, I think it’s forcing me to feel more present? Just taking one day at a time, and I can handle that right now.
But with a new month comes new goals – I love having projects and long term goals to work towards and making progress, so these are my focuses for August!
- Work on my online portfolio – I started making a website a little while ago and I need to actually finish it! I want to have a central place to post and update about all the things I’m doing in my professional life, so I need to work on some of those admin tasks.
- Cosplay costume work – this month, I’m going to make a jacket. I’ve got a jacket that I can adapt to fit the style I need and I’m going to get my craft on. I’m going to buy another part of my costume and I’ve got a plan to actually finish this in 2021, rather than the wishy washy goals I set earlier this year. Always learning!
- Wedding planning – my tasks for this month are to research and book any extra event specialists – as our wedding is on bonfire night we definitely need some fireworks! But I also need to figure out decorating the venue, any extra bits we need to hire, buy or make and little details like that!
- Find a dance class for September – as the schools have now broken up for the summer holidays, most dance schools in my area won’t be starting up again until the new academic year so I thought it would be a good window for me to figure out my finances and my schedule to actually be able to go! Having a class once or twice a week I think will be really good for me to actually do some exercise, maybe meet some people in the area and get back into dancing! I can’t wait.
- Get back into the job hunt – I’ve been given the end date for my current contract so I need to find another job! I’m hoping to start doing it all early so finishing my new website, revamping my CV and cover letters and things like that. I don’t want it to be a big panic when my contract actually ends, so hopefully being prepared can work in my favour!
Then my usual monthly goals of reading 2 books, putting money in my savings accounts and hopefully having a date night with my boy!
I’m feeling ready for summer, but then I remember I don’t get a ‘summer holiday’ and extra time to see friends or travel or anything, but the event I’m working on in my job is in September and it’s busy, but hopefully rewarding!
But for now, I have a weekend off and I’m going to make the most of it!
Thank you for reading,