Over the last year or two, I’ve changed my approach to my blog – I’ve tried to make it less about ‘trying to be a blogger’ and more about what I want to write about, I’ve not put my social links at the bottom of posts, I don’t make templates to share them on my insta story and I don’t religiously check statistics or chase followers anymore (or I try not to!).
So I write about what I want – whether it’s more like a diary, just having a natter about what I’m thinking about or reviewing things (which I started doing more of in the last couple of weeks and I’m considering making it more of a focus?). If I’m not feeling like writing a post, I won’t worry too much about missing one, if I’m super inspired and want to post an extra one, I’ll do that too (but that hasn’t happened yet).
Consequently we’re here – I wasn’t feeling super inspired this week and I’m watching YouTube videos and somehow I thought it would be nice to list a few things that have made my happy recently. I’m working on feeling more present and finding joy in little things more frequently than waiting for the ‘big stuff’. I thoroughly recommend this if you’re feeling a bit spaced out!
- a cat jumped through my kitchen window and let me pet them before they went to chill in the shade under a car
- sitting in the sun loungers after a work day and having a catch up with my fiancé
- sitting in front of the fan when it’s 28-32 degrees outside
- reading my book before I go to sleep
- going to the cinema and seeing Black Widow with my best friends
- getting sucked into a Pokemon Go event with my fiancé
- hitting my writing goals for maybe 80% of the month so far
- speaking to my therapist for the first and last time in a while
- playing video games and talking to our friends
- I grew an actual tomato! In my garden! From nothing! Actual food!
- laughing with my work friends because we’re so stressed that it’s funny
- cooking my HelloFresh meals and feeling like an actual chef
- watching George Clark’s Amazing Spaces before I go to sleep
- singing through the entire Dear Evan Hanson soundtrack while I was cooking dinner
- I made a Nutella sandwich for lunch and it was wonderful
- a phone game called Pictawords which is like Scrabble meets crosswords
- sorting my bookshelves into proper alphabetical order (by author’s surname) and adding all my ornaments to the shelves
- making fun graphic and video content at work
- sleeping in on the weekends
- having a coke from the fridge in a glass with ice
- the solar fairy lights I put up in the garden
- buying books. I have a mild problem.
- surprise refunds (thanks tfl)
- the event I’m working on for my job is going to be really good, you can get a free ticket here, see the schedule here and read about the amazing speakers we have booked here – including the Chief Technology Officer of Ocado, the Senior Technical Programme Manager from Sainsburys and the Associate Site Reliability Engineer from Sky!
- but also closing my computer after a work day. That’s very nice
Thank you for sharing my happy moments with me!