I’ve only mentioned it approximately seven thousand times but I’ve finished uni, I’m graduating next week (terrifying), so this summer’s a bit different – it’s not got an end date like every other summer, I’m not going back to education in September. But there’s a whole summer ahead of me so I thought I’d share some of my goals and plans!
- Go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour – I’ve been twice and loved it but I want to take my boyfriend as he’s never been! There’s a chance we might be moving to a flat that’s only really not too far from the tour so if I can save up a little bit, I’d love to treat him.
- Lots of walking – I’ve been trying to get out the house and go for a walk every day but I want to walk more, it’s helping me loose weight at the moment and I want to make the most of it! There’s some lovely walks in the woods that I really want to take my boyfriend on and I especially want to make the most of being at home where there’s lots of nice places to walk.
- Go on a holiday – Paris? Maybe I mention my boyfriend too much, but for his birthday in January I promised him a Paris holiday. Now I have significantly less money and he still hasn’t got his passport so we might not get to do it before the end of the summer but I would really like to go as I’ve never been!
- Not spending every day inside, make the most of the weather – this sounds so silly but between writing posts, making and editing videos and trying to find a job, it doesn’t leave a lot of scope for activities to do outside but I just need to figure out a way to spend more time in this glorious sunshine we’re having in the UK at the moment!
- London museum date day – I love the idea of spending a day in a museum and there’s so many that you don’t have to pay to get into and I think it’ll be a lovely date day! Just got to find the time and the money for a train ticket… Maybe I need to think of some free activities that are closer to home!
- Take loads of photos – make the most of being home – there are some really beautiful towns around the one I live in and I want to take the opportunity to take lots of photos of them! I love making memories and whilst I don’t have a job or any commitments, I want to work on my photography skills and add to my portfolio – I’ve still got a lot to learn.
- Go to the West End! I wrote this goal before my sister surprised me by taking me to see Heathers, but I’d love to go down to London and just buy tickets on the day. That sounds like expensive fun!
- Make the most of my creativity whilst I’m home – I find that I feel the most creative and I come up with the best ideas when I’m in my mum’s house. I grew up here, I made some of my best videos here in 2014/2015 and I want to get back to that! YouTube means a lot to me and I want to put all the work into it I can!
- Day out in Brighton – Whilst going to Paris and travelling everywhere sounds incredible, there’s also lots of corners of the country I live in that I haven’t visited yet! My sister took my mum to Brighton three years ago and I’ve seen a lot of the city in YouTube videos, so I want to go see it myself.
- Find a balance between busy and relaxed / productive and chilled – I’m someone who always makes sure they’re busy, I like finding projects and giving myself lots to do and in a way, I wish I wasn’t because I should be taking this time to make the most of not having any commitments but here we are! I need to make sure I can find a balance between taking time off and relaxing and keeping myself busy.
Also I need to get a job lol.
So I’m now realising that maybe ticking off a bunch of these things might actually be quite expensive, but you know what? Even if I don’t tick them all off it’ll be pretty fun and hopefully I’ll have lots of photos to share and memories to cherish, how pretentious.
Thank you for reading,