I saw this post on tumblr – it was a 50 questions post and if you reblog it, your followers send in numbers and then you answer the questions they’re interested in. But I thought they were pretty interesting and short questions so I wanted to answer them here!
1. What is your name and does it mean anything?
Sophie, it means wisdom in greek but other than that I don’t think it meant anything else specifically to my parents when they picked it? Just a name.
2. How long have you known your best friend?
I started talking to Nina in April of 2014 (I think?) and she’s currently looking after my tumblr for me while I’m gone! I don’t think we’ve ever gone more than a week without talking and I can’t wait to have the biggest catch up in the world when I get back!
3. What position do you normally sleep in?
I don’t even know – either completely spread out, twisted half on my belly or curled up in a little ball. Both of these situations involve a teddy bear and too many pillows. I love my bed, I have kids elephant bedding and I have Spider-Man bedding for if I go to uni!
4. Were you a part of any ‘clique’ in high school?
Not really – I didn’t really quite fit in anywhere, I floated around a bit. I had a solid group of friends for the last couple of years but I was kind of half-friends with a lot of people – at prom I danced with whatever group would let me in.
5. Who was your favourite teacher in high school and why?
My English teacher Mrs Paul, because she was so charismatic and funny but also really adorable (especially when she was getting married) and she was the teacher that, on my last day, told me she thinks in 10 years I’ll be an author with a blog. If I ever get a book published I want her to write a quote for the cover. I’m going to miss her a lot.
6. Do you wish to travel a lot?
Yes! I went to Tanzania when I was 16, I’m going to Ecuador before I turn 19 and I’m hoping to go to LA next Summer for VidCon (if I can make enough money!) and I really want to go to Australia sometime in the next year too, but it all depends on people and money. But I’ll definitely travel in the future too.
Also Disneyland. I’ve never been.
7. Did you participate in any sports while in school?
When I started secondary school, I played netball and did athletics. I dropped both for performing arts three or four years in, I did a lot of dancing for school before I left and I’m hoping to take up a sport at uni (if I get in) (probably dancing).
This is a longer tag than I thought.
8. Show a sample of your handwriting?
I wrote this for a ‘follow forever’ on my tumblr a while back!
9. Have you ever given blood?
Not yet, but I am registered and I’m planning to soon!
10. Do you like the way that you grew up?
Yes – I’m very lucky to have had a really happy, loving, protected childhood. Lots of very fond memories.
11. Do you like your siblings? Why or why not?
Yes – my sister is one of my best friends, I’m very, very proud of her and everything she’s achieved. She’s so, so talented and I’m excited to see where she goes with her life. But I never tell her that because I hate being mushy and affectionate. She’s a butt.
12. How did you meet your best friend and why did you become friends?
On tumblr and we talked about writing! Nina’s a writer as well and I sent her the word document version of my book and we bonded really fast and here we are, over a year later wow what a journey.
13. Name one movie that made you cry?
The first one that springs to mind is Bridge to Terabithia – it was designed to be a kids movie but it’s heartbreaking and brilliant and horrible. Mentally prepare yourself to have your heart shredded.
14. Do you prefer to read poetry, write poetry or neither?
I’m going to go with writing poetry because that’s how I (try to) write songs, but I’m not a big fan of poetry at the moment because I had to study so much that I didn’t like at school, but I’m open to it.
15. Things about someone that you find attractive?
Passion – if they can talk about something so excitedly that they get a bit lost in it, even if that subject is of little interest to me, I love that. I love that they have completely enveloped themselves in something that much.
16. What song are you currently listening to?
A piano cover of Amnesia (5 Seconds of Summer) with rain in the background that Nina made, I’ve talked about Nina a lot in this post.
17. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how?
Not broken, but I chipped my shin at a swimming pool.
18. A random memory from your childhood:
When I was on holiday with my family in Menorca and me and my sister were just running around and we ended up running into the kitchens of some sort of restaurant. You know those memories that could be memories or could be dreams? This is one of those.
19. Where did you grow up?
A town that is very small. I have almost twice as many followers online as there are people in my town. I’m very fond of my town now that I’m leaving it, though.
20. What was the last thing you watched on TV?
Some chart show with my mum – when it gets past midnight we just put music on and work independently on our laptops.
21. Do you think you’d make a good parent?
Yes and no – I mother people a lot and I’m pretty affectionate (ish) but I also can barely look after myself and am not emotionally ready to bring up another human. Also I’m 18. Not right now.
22. Would you like to meet any of your tumblr friends in person?
Yes! I’ve been lucky enough to meet a couple of people but I’d love to meet more, Nina, Char and Cath are the first ones that spring to mind but if I do go travelling, meeting people is going to be one of my priorities.
22. (again, apparently) What was the last dream you remember having?
A very, very strange dream that was weird enough that even while I was having the dream, I was thinking about how weird it was. I can’t really remember it and it didn’t make much sense but it kind of ended a little bit like a nightmare – made my heart race and everything.
23. When is your birthday?
September 11th – 9/11, if you need any help remembering. You know when Twin Towers were bombed in America? Yeah, that was my 5th birthday. Party hard.
24. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two, one’s a ‘V’ pillow and I love it.
25. Do you wear glasses? If so, how long have you been wearing glasses?
Yes and I got them when I was 5, so fourteen years this year.
26. What colour is your hair?
Currently, light brown with blonde highlights but some people would say ginger and I’m going blue next month! I’m so excited.
27. Name 5 facts about your appearance:
– I’m 5’10”
– I have blue eyes
– in summer, the freckles go mental
– my hair is generally curly, sometimes I straighten it
– I might be the palest person in history
28. What is your favourite soda?
Coca cola, I have an addition.
29. What is a strange talent that you have?
Remembering really, really stupid things. Like I remember when my friend got her iPhone because we both used to have blackberry’s and I thought she’d deleted me on BBM but she’d got a new phone. See, why do I need to know that?
30. How’s the weather right now?
From Ecuador, I can’t tell you – that’s the future (ooh). But it’s meant to be a heat wave in past-Britain, it’s currently grey and overcast. What a surprise.
31. Why did one of your friendships end?
I decided waiting around to be good enough was too much hurt for me to handle.
32. Who do you miss right now?
Going to make a presumption about the future and say my mum – I probably miss her from where I am in Ecuador, aw.
33. Why did your last relationship end?
That would require my last relationship to have started.
34. Are you still figuring out who you are?
Definitely, I’m still growing and progressing and learning.
35. Have you been admitted to hospital? Why?
No I don’t think so, hospital’s scare me anyways.
36. What is your favourite restaurant?
Probably Pizza Express. I just love pizza.
37. What is a word that you always seem to spell wrong?
Restaurant, I always get the ‘a’ and the ‘u’ the wrong way round. Also, Michael – I always type Micaehl. That’s not how you spell it.
38. Would you ever adopt kids?
Definitely, I’ve been thinking about that since I was maybe 8 years old? I think it was something to do with Tracy Beaker.
39. What is your favourite kind of pizza?
Margherita I’m afraid – I’m really boring.
40. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
‘Why do my eyes hurt? I’m going back to sleep’
41. When was the last time you got really, really happy and why?
I’d say prom, because I realised that I did actually have an impact on the people I went to school with and I had a really amazing night.
42. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Probably goat – it was easier to not ask what we were being served in Tanzania.
43. How do you start a conversation?
Find a common interest, get the other person talking because I hate feeling like I’m rambling and annoying people.
44. What’s a band you’ve been obsessed with lately?
Pfft, ‘lately’. I’ve been really into Taylor Swift, but I always turn back to All Time Low, 5 Seconds of Summer, Fall Out Boy and McBusted.
45. Do you come from a family “of money”?
We’ve always been comfortable, but I wouldn’t say ‘of money’, no. I know the worth of money even if I’m really bad at saving it.
46. Do you have a bucket list?
I do, it’s ongoing and includes lots of travelling and bands.
47. What is your favourite series of books?
Skulduggery Pleasant, I think.
48. When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?
When we were watching Big Hero 6 as a family and my sister laughed so hard she farted. And I’m not in the country right now for her to hate me for writing this.
49. Where do you go when you’re sad?
My bedroom, generally.
50. 5 random facts about yourself:
Is 50 not enough?
– I have a t-shirt/sweater collection with over 100 shirts… I’m obsessed
– I have 2 tattoos and want quite a few more
– my favourite food is potatoes, in any variety
– I would love to be involved with tour production
– I love Adam Elmakias – a music photographer, I would like to be him. Or as talented as him. Whatever.
Wow that turned out a lot longer than I thought. Either way I hope you know something that you didn’t know before! I thought this was fun.
Thank you for reading,
That’s where you’ll find me: