Why hello there!
The first thing I have to address is the rocky road from yesterday’s post – it is absolutely delicious. The cherries and chocolate go beautifully together and the marshmallows were really fluffy, I very much recommend making it yourself because it’s super easy.
Today, I’ve been listening to another one of the songs released from Fall Out Boy’s album prior to the complete release on the 19th of January. So I’m really in the mood to talk about music – I found this music tag with 20 questions (link here) so I thought I’d answer those. I hope you enjoy!
1) Which band/artist do you have the most albums by?
I think All Time Low – they’ve got 5 or 6 albums and I have bought or borrowed all of them – Dirty Work is my favourite.
2) What was the last song you listened to?
Alien Ant Farm covering Smooth Criminal, on Ashton Irwin’s starred playlist on spotify. It’s an amazingly diverse playlist – it’s got 1300+ songs and it’s all I’ve been listening to recently.
3) What’s in your CD player right now?
I don’t tend to listen to music by CD, so the album I’m listening to at the moment is what’s been released of American Beauty American Psycho by Fall Out Boy but I bought my mum Panic! At the Disco’s new album for Christmas and that is currently in her car.
4) What was the last show you attended?
Technically War of the Worlds, the musical by Jeff Wayne but the last concert I think was One Direction last June? That feels too long ago, I can’t remember.
5) What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
The show I enjoyed the most was when I was to All Time Low in 2013 with my friend Louise – it was such a blast and one of the best days of my life. But regarding costume and performance choreography, Little Mix were really impressive because their dancing was incredible and their vocals were on point.
6) What’s the worst show you’ve been too?
I went to a teeny tiny show of an old band that my mum made me listen to a lot when I was a kid called Showaddywaddy. We thought it was awful and left that the interval, it was horrendous.
7) What’s the most musically involved you’ve ever been?
My friend Jenny (@supernova5sos on tumblr and twitter) and I sometimes say we’re in a band but I don’t know how true that is because we don’t really actively band? I’ve been in three school shows and I really love performing and would love to do it more.
8) What show are you looking forward to?
All Time Low at Wembley recording their new DVD I can’t even contain it.
9) What is your favourite band shirt?
I have a selection of 5 Seconds of Summer t-shirts and I really love their logo but my All Time Low shirts are cool too.
10) What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Right this is difficult because at first I thought 5 Seconds of Summer or All Time Low, because I think I’d get on really well with 5SOS and similarly with ATL – I’d love to ask them where they get their inspiration for songs and how Alex writes such beautiful lyrics but then I quite like Taylor Swift and from what I’ve seen of her public persona, we’re really similar.
I have to say 5 Seconds of Summer because I’m far too emotionally invested in that band but this question really made me think.
11) Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback?
When I first read this question I couldn’t think of any bands I like that weren’t together except Go Radio, it would be cool if they made more music. But then I remembered – my answer is S Club 7.
12) Who is one band/artist you’ve never seen live but always wanted to?
Fall Out Boy without a shadow of a doubt.
13) Name four or more flawless albums:
– Save Rock and Roll / Fall Out Boy
– Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron / Brian Adams
– X Men: First Class / Henry Jackman
– Dirty Work / All Time Low
(I have to say 5 Seconds of Summer / 5 Seconds of Summer and I do love it I just don’t think it’s going to be their best, I think they’re going to grow so much in their career and produce even more amazing work in the future)
14) How many music relate DVDs do you own?
Excluding musical DVDs, I have Straight To DVD by All Time Low, Tourplay by McBusted and my sister has a couple of One Direction DVDs? I don’t think I have many.
15) How many concerts/shows have you been to total?
I couldn’t even add it up – my mum was always taking me to concerts when I was a kid and she doesn’t mind me going to lots of concerts so if I were to guess, I’d definitely say 50+.
16) Who have you seen the most live?
All Time Low – their DVD concert recording will be the fourth year in a row I’ve seen them, but that’s closely followed by One Direction/5 Seconds of Summer who I’ve seen three times.
17) What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron if you want a soundtrack with songs and lyrics (almost exclusively Brian Adams) or X Men: First Class – I love the combination of orchestral music and electric guitars.
18) What was your last musical ‘phase’ before you wisened up?
I don’t think I had one – I still like the music I listened to before I really settled into the pop-rock/pop-punk scene and I still pride myself in having an eclectic taste. I don’t think I have ‘wisened up’. I think it’s kinda rude to say that a certain style of music is bad just because you don’t like it.
19) What’s your guilty pleasure that you hate to admit to liking?
I’m not ashamed of anything I listen to – I decided a few months ago I no longer had guilty pleasures because I’m not ashamed of the things I like. I don’t hate to admit to liking anything – if other people think it’s shit that’s okay, it’s their opinion. I’m pretty chill.
20) On a scale of 1 to 10 how stupid are you for not reading through this tag first and realising they missed number 9 and there are in fact only 19 questions?
About a 10, to be honest.
So I answered a music tag. Comment if you like this and there are any more tags you want me to do!
Thanks for reading,